Cheddar Bay Biscuits- Gluten Free cheesy, garlic biscuits doused with butter and garlic
Cheesy, Garlicky Goodness
Bread is one of those things that completes a dinner, but when you are gluten free it can be a bit tricky. Finding a good recipe that isn’t complicated is tricky and I am not one of those people who buys a trillion flours. Fortunately for these cheesy, garlic biscuits you only need a few ingredients and you will be enjoying delicious biscuits that will have you reminiscing of Red Lobster! Now these aren’t just for eating with seafood, we often have them with pasta, such as Gluten Free Penne Pasta with Spicy Vodka Sauce.Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits that will satisfy your Red Lobster craving!Click To Tweet
Now it has been a long time since I actually had a biscuit from Red Lobster, but my husband and his friends assure me that these taste just as good. Give these a try, you won’t regret it!
Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe Tips
These Cheddar Bay Biscuits are one of our absolute favorite recipes. They are so cheesy and the garlic butter on top just brings them to a whole new level. I’ve made them so many times that I’ve learned a few things that make them come out amazing!
Any Gluten Free Baking Mix-
I’ve made these with Gluten Free Bisquick, Gluten Free King Arthur Baking Mix, and Aldi’s Gluten Free Baking Mix and all of them worked well. I’ve even mixed the baking mixes when I didn’t have enough of one and it wasn’t a problem, so use whatever you have on hand!
I always use sharp cheddar that is the thicker “cut from the block” type shreds. The fine shredded does not work as well in these. It does not melt as well.
Let it Sit-
Once you mix it all together, let it sit for 5 minutes or so, it helps the flours to soften so you don’t get any gritty texture.
I usually use 2 tablespoons of melted butter, mixed with garlic powder and oregano, but occasionally I get a little heavy handed and have to make more. Adding extra won’t hurt anything!
And that’s about all you need to know!
Happy Gluten Free Eating!
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, divided
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Combine Baking Mix, 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, Milk and Shredded Cheese until well combined. You may use your hands to get it all mixed well. It will be a bit dry, but should hold together.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Combine Melted Butter, 1 Teaspoon Oregano, and 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder and brush on top.
- Continue baking for an additional 3 minutes.
Feel free to add additional melted butter, garlic, and oregano mixture if you feel so inclined!