Tiramisu Gluten Free Chocolate Truffles- delicious bites of mascarpone, espresso, and chocolate.
This post was created through a partnership with Goodie Girl Cookies.
Both my husband and I love food and trying new restaurants. When we were still in the get to know you phase of dating, we would take turns picking restaurants neither of us had ever been to. This was before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so we had tons of options.
One of the first places we went to was an Italian place, it was small and had some nice tables outside. We had high hopes for the place, but the food was just okay, however the Tiramisu dessert we split was delicious! This was not the Tiramisu you buy at Publix that is super sweet, but had those bitter notes laced with sweetness that you would expect from a dessert that had been soaked in super strong espresso.
I actually haven’t had Tiramisu in 4 years, not since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. When I received the new Vanilla Slims Cookies from Goodie Girl, I had a great idea.
One of the best parts of being a gluten free blogger is getting to try out new products. When I received the new Goodie Girl Vanilla Slims I was in cookie heaven- crispy vanilla cookies dipped in chocolate. They are to die for. The best part of Goodie Girl cookies is that you would never know they are gluten free. They have lots of different flavors (read my first review here!) and several of them are now available at Publix (Get your dollar off coupon!). These Vanilla slims are currently only available online, but , but if you place an order online you also get 6 free packs of their mint slim go packs (perfect for lunches!).
I miss Tiramisu. I love the strong flavor of the espresso and the creaminess of the mascarpone cheese. These gluten free chocolate truffles have all the flavors of Tiramisu, but are really easy to make! Plus, they are perfect for any holiday parties you may have coming up!
Mascarpone Cheese- Traditional Tiramisu uses mascarpone cheese, but if you have trouble finding it, you can use cream cheese instead.
Espresso Powder- Instant espresso powder is the secret to infusing the coffee flavor, without creating a runny mess.
Dark Chocolate- Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate if the dark chocolate is to strong.
Enjoy this easy recipe for Tiramisu Gluten Free Chocolate Truffles and be sure to visit Goodie Girl Cookies Website to get your $1.00 of coupon!
- 1 Box Goodie Girl Vanilla Slims Cookies
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips (or baking bar)
- Combine Vanilla Slims Cookies and espresso powder in food processor. Pulse until cookies turn to crumbs.
- Beat mascarpone cheese with sugar.
- Stir in cookie mixture.
- Make small balls (about one inch) with cookie mixture. If it is not wanting to hold together, chill for half an hour first.
- Chill cookie balls for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments. Be careful not to burn.
- Carefully dip cookie balls into chocolate.
- Place on wax paper and chill until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in fridge.